[nfbcs] OT System Variables and Default Directories

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Jan 4 01:02:01 UTC 2013

Apologies; I did not want to get in trouble for being off topic. Here's the
whole story:

A few months ago, my laptop running Windows Vista 64 bit had hard disk
failures to the point that the operating system had to be reinstalled. I
tried to put the old users directory, c:\Users\Nicole, on to the new
installation. Somehow, in that process, I ended up with two versions of the
home directory, one called C:\Users\Nicole and the other called
C:\Users\Nicole.NICOLE-Dell (Nicole-Dell is the name of the computer). I
want it to use c:\Users\Nicole as the home directory. I have set all of the
various system directories involving user names and directories, but they
seem to have no effect; it keeps using C:\Users\Nicole.NICOLE-DELL. I was
just wondering if there is something that I am doing wrong. If there is not
an easy fix, I am willing to just let it be, but I wanted to check first.
Let me know if any of this does not make sense or if you want any more
clarification.

Thanks,
Nicole