[nfbcs] Jaws and Cygwin

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Wed Jan 16 21:11:41 UTC 2013

Your Cygwin experience baffles me, as I use Cygwin every day, all the
time. In fact, I'm currently typing this message through Cygwin and an
ssh connection from Cygwin to a Mac.

I use tcsh as my Cygwin shell, but I believe the default sh or Bash
shell (I forget which) works fine too, except that sometimes its
window title changes to match the application you're running in that
window, whereas this does not happen with tcsh. I don't use anything
X-related, and I forget the name of that. Perhaps you're doing
something like that? If you launch Cygwin in the customary fashion I'm
used to, you run cygwin.bat, usually located in c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat.
You could examine that file to see just what you're trying to run.

Hth.