[nfbcs] The Mac Terminal

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 23:09:19 UTC 2013

Perhaps you will need to adjust the verbosity settings under VO utilities or set up a custom activity.
I just opened a terminal session and typed date and heard the date spoken back to me immediately upon pressing enter.
One thing to keep in mind is that if the unix/linux app is VT100 based such as Nano, accessibility works very well but QuickNav must be turned off so that the arrow keys are sent to the app. THis is done by holding down left and right arrow simultaneously.

In this mode one can use the arrows to move around and edit just as if one is in a GUI text editor such as TextEdit.

If one wants to review a previous line in the terminal buffer without disturbing the VT100 emulation then it is best to turn quicknav on, or hold down the VO cmd-option keys when using the arrows.