[nfbcs] HELP WITH LAPTOP

Anita Ogletree yrstrli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 02:13:20 UTC 2013

Hello.  My name is Anita and ow am new to this list.

I joined this list in the hope that someone might be able to
steer me in the right direction.

I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 8 and I am stuck at the
sign-in screen of windows where it asks for my password.
Yesterday after receiving the laptop, I was able to use Narrator
to get as far as trying to connect to the internet through the
wireless settings.  I lost my place for that because I had to
leave the laptop long enough to copy the security key to enter
into the laptop.

I have been trying since then to get back to that point.  My
question is this: Is there any way for a blind person to figure
out how to access the information on the screen just before the
system gets to the log-in section?  Is it possible for a
knowledgeable computer scientist or programmer/tech blind or
sighted to tell me what the options are when the F11 key is
pressed just as the system starts to load? Or can someone help me
to get past that screen where I was able to get to the desktop,
control panel, etc.?

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks.

Anita