[nfbcs] iOS 7 and Suggestions?

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Sep 19 13:52:37 UTC 2013

Steve, I think your logic is sound.  Climbing the IOS7 learning curve
will be much more valuable to you than climbing the IOS6 learning
curve at this point.

Another compelling reason for folks to take the plunge is that we are
going to have to get used to the new quirks in IOS7. Apple
doesn't generally do a .01 release designed to "fix" all the stuff
that's still "broken" when an IOS version is released.  A few
incremental improvements will happen over the next few months, but
mostly we have to get used to what's in new IOS versions.  Staying
behind is only profitable for so long before an OS feature, app, or a
new version of an app we want requires IOS7 to function.

The most compelling reason to wait a week or so is if you're not
comfortable figuring out all the newness on your own.  If you wait a
week, then other VO users can blaze the trail.  They'll learn
about the new quirks, find workarounds, etc. and then you can take
advantage of a much more educated group of IOS7 VO users to ask
questions of when you do upgrade.

Take Care,

Jim