[nfbcs] Need someone to take my website and rebuild it on a different host

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri Feb 7 17:29:21 UTC 2014

Hey April,

So far, folks have been concentrating on answering your technical question -- which seems to be what the modern components of a web site today.

However, I think you're really asking something else and you need to clarify it a bit more.

Can you say more about the problems you're trying to avoid by moving away from Google?  So far I think the only thing I've read is that Google doesn't give me enough control over how I can format/publish your content

Everything else has been about how other solutions confuse you. Before talking a lot more about other solutions, it would be very useful to know what you are comfortable with today.

   * An apache server with an htdocs directory
   * A full on content management system like droople.
   * A simplified content management site like squarespace (probably not, since I think this is why you're leaving Google)

Wordpress falls between squarespace and droople in terms of striking a balance between being easy to use and flexible.

I think nailing down why you're leaving Google, and perhaps a bit more about what you are hoping to do with your new platform will help us guide you better.

Take Care,

Jim