[nfbcs] JAWS Scripting Problem

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Mon Feb 17 21:06:59 UTC 2014

Aha, I think I figured out what's up here...

I think you decided to use 4000 because it was unused in HJConst.jsh,
and you thought you could store your own setting that way.
Unfortunately for this plan, JAWS won't let you change any settings
that are not defined in JAWS itself. The HJConst.jsh values pretty
much list what those are. So setJCFOption(4000, 1) does nothing. You
will have to use another approach, like a global variable or a .ini
file and iniReadInteger/iniWriteInteger() functions, to keep track of
your setting value.