[nfbcs] Dell keyboards

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Feb 27 14:11:53 UTC 2014

Another wrinkle is that laptops seem to not have the imbeded numeric keypad that was fairly common in the past.  I
always preferred these to laptop layouts because the keystrokes were the same as long as one took into account the
new location of the numeric keypad.  With Window-Eyes, the laptop layout works pretty well, though, but it does
seem odd that it is found to be necessary to change keyboards.

There are also probrams and scripts around to toggle the NUM LOCK key that might have gotten around this.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:03:43 -0500, Rasmussen, Lloyd wrote:

>In other words, it was available through an item in the notification area or system tray, probably accessible
with Windows-B or Insert-F11 (the JAWS keystroke).  Anyway, good luck with the replacement keyboard, and thanks
for alerting us to this new wrinkle in computing.

>Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
>National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
>Library of Congress   202-707-0535
>http://www.loc.gov/nls
>The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.

arranged to get a standard keyboard anyway.