[nfbcs] Accessible UNIX / LINUX Help Request

Ian C. Bray via nfbcs nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Sat May 17 14:34:05 UTC 2014

Is there anyone out there who can help me
get an UBUNTU  box started so that it has some varriant of
speech that functions simillarly to JAWS?

I-- have no idea where to start with this.

Tami Jarvis spoke to me about ORCA-- and I have only been diving into my own SEMI-Professional Accessibility Needs recently.

I have an ancient LAPTOP with 12.8 LTS on it, and I would like to get back to my Unix / Linux Tinkering.

Mentorship & off-line phone conversations & EMail Groups / Listservs welcome.
I do not do well in forums-- but I'm not saying I won't try.

Respectfully,

Ian  C. Bray
Louisville, KY