[nfbcs] Sonar or Vinux

Jim Barbour via nfbcs nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Thu May 22 15:15:57 UTC 2014

I will point out that this is why I'm not a fan of either distro.  The
blindness world isn't big enough to command a lot of attention.  The
attention we get should be focused on making the distros themselves
easier for us to use.  Efforts that try to fork distros, like Ubuntu
and arch, into blindness focused ones, like vinux and sonar, do not
really help the situation.

Further, a blind person isn't going to be able to require that all
unix machines they manage run a blindness friendly distro; so this
definately doesn't help blind folks get LInux related employment.

JIm