[nfbcs] Sonar or Vinux

Jude DaShiell via nfbcs nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 14:26:16 UTC 2014

The latest version of sonar linux gave up on ubuntu as a base since
accessibility improvements get to ubuntu too slowly.  Ubuntu has a
traditional release schedule which means upgrades after a release happen
followed by a frozen period in preparation for the next release then the
next release comes out.  Sonar now uses archlinux as its base and
archlinux has a rolling release schedule in place which means no frozen
states and no official releases since as soon as improved software comes
out, it gets released for everybody to use it.  That gets accessibility
improvements out faster.  It's like slackware current or debian sid in
that it's always on the bleeding edge.