[nfbcs] Accessible UNIX / LINUX Help Request

Mike Sedmak via nfbcs nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 14:31:40 UTC 2014

I am currently using teraterm-4.80 (open source) with NVDA.
The project web site is here:
http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/

It looks like they are up to version 4.82, but 4.80 is the version I can
vouch for.

If you are using JAWS, google for  "teraterm JAWS" there are several results
with recommended jaws scripts to improve reading of text as it scrolls.

Also, I used the recommended settings tweaks from this site (refers to an
old version of teraterm but the mods worked for me):
https://sdfeu.org/w/tutorials:sdf-blind
Look for the heading " Configuring UTF-8 Tera Term for best JAWS
accessibility"

Mike

There's
> > one that's gained a solid foot-hold in South America called the F123
> > project for example.
> >
> > There is a learning curve between Microsoft and Linux as well as between
> > the different accessible projects going on in Linux. Not only is the
basic
> > system different, but once you get into the programs, there are
> > differences between them and the Microsoft alternatives. It depends on
> > your interest, your ability and your determination as to whether the
> > curves will be easy or hard. There really is only one way to find out.
One