[nfbcs] NVDA product question

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 21:09:17 UTC 2014

I've used it a bit as well.
It has a bit of a learning curve if you're coming from JAWS--some
commands are the same, some aren't.
Not my screenreader of choice either, mostly because I think it lacks
a lot of features, such as the read all dialogue ctrl+b+insert, that
kinda thing, it lacks keyboard commands llike that.
But, the upside is it does behave differently with JAWS and ends up
supporting some apps JAWS doesn't.
Like, in onecase, one app I was working with from Fidelity Investments
was more supported with NVDA then it was with JAWS.
Now granted, the app still has inaccessible parts, but NVDDA behaved
better with it then JAWS did, so that might apply elsewhere too.
Oh, and one more upside, specially in terms of price, it supports Open
Office, which JAWS does not I believe.

--
Yours in Christ,

Jorge

God blesses those people
    who depend only on him.
They belong to the kingdom
    of heaven! (Mathew 5:3, CEV)

You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is focused on You,
Because he trusts in You. (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV)