[nfbcs] NVDA product question

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Oct 12 22:33:13 UTC 2014

I use NVDA mainly when JAWS is not behaving . I have not updated to the
latest version, but, if I remember correctly, the version that I am
currently using does not support the Focus Braille display from FS or the
BrailleNote, which is part of the reason that I do not use NVDA more as
having a Braille display is essential for what I do. As others have already
said, NVDA does seem to be more tolerant of programs that were not made
quite right. It does not work that well with Internet Explorer, and,
regardless of the browser, it has trouble with some of the ARIA attributes,
such as aria-hidden and aria-live. Oh...and one of the biggest ones for
me...it does not come with Eloquence. I am quite annoyed at the companies
who are holding the last legal versions of Eloquence hostage in such a way
that they cannot be used with screen readers such as NVDA, but that is
another topic.

Nicole