[nfbcs] NVDA product question

Nancy Coffman nancy.l.coffman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 23:33:29 UTC 2014

I work for the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired. We use JAWS in the agency because it is compatible with the other software we use. My experience is that free screen readers sometimes work better with free software such as Open Office.

I don't know if Freedom Scientific charged for their services, but when we had accessibility problems with our web-based case management system, they helped to resolve them. Between their web presence, the training materials which are cheap or free, and the phonelines, we get good technical support from Freedom Scientific. am still a believer that you usually will get what you pay for. I also have free screen readers on my computer. I work with them if JAWS doesn't work well or if I want to learn about them. I even donate to NV-Access occasionally.

Nancy Coffman
Sent from my iPhone