[nfbcs] office 2010 or 2013

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Sep 5 21:23:39 UTC 2014

Whether or not the manufacturers  of software support it in and of itself is
not a good metrics by which to determine when upgrading is necessary.
Rather, it is a good indicator to start paying closer to what I do consider
to be the correct metrics, which are when not upgrading poses a considerable
security risk and when not upgrading makes collaboration with people who use
a newer version very difficult or impossible. Given that I am using a web
browser and operating system that are currently both still supported by
Microsoft, I do not consider using Office 2003 enough of a security risk to
upgrade, and I have not had any collaboration problems to date. Companies
discontinuing support for a product is just a way to make people upgrade. If
you want to be on the cutting edge and have tons of money to throw away,
that's fine. As long as what I have still works and is not causing major
problems, I am not going to upgrade to something that, JMHO, does not work
as well. Microsoft has an extremely annoying practice of change for the sake
of change rather than change for improvement. I know that opinions will very
on this, but, personally, I think that the older Microsoft products have a
more user friendly user interface.

Nicole