[nfbcs] Career Fairs and Conventions

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 14 16:40:36 UTC 2014

Hello Suzanne:

     When I am in the situation of dealing with a large exhibit hall, I do
the following:

1. Get a directory and go through it making note of the companies I want to
see.
2. Exhibit halls are laid out in a pattern, and it is important to
understand the layout. A reader may need to explain the layout to you. This
will help you organize your travel.
3. If necessary, I would use a reader to get me within one or two booths of
where I wanted to be. You can then get to the booth, make contact without it
looking like you need to be led around. Arrange to meet the reader further
along the row.
4. I would suggest practicing on some companies your aren't interested in,
so you can refine your technique.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert