[nfbcs] University Engineering Career Fair: How to discuss my vision

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Sep 29 11:51:38 UTC 2014

Would you consider carrying a cane?  Independent Living Aids has what they
call an ID cane.  It's only about 4 feet tall, and folds up small enough to
fit easily in a pocket or purse.  It will identify you as blind/low vision,
and let people know why you look at things differently.
My husband found he had a lot less explaining to do, once he started using a
cane.  And he didn't trip over things anymore, either.
Tracy