[nfbcs] best computer for a CS student?

Vincenzo Rubano vincenzo.rubano at studio.unibo.it
Mon Feb 23 10:59:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

Im studying computer science at university. I am using a Macbook Air 2013 to do just anything, from programming to studying Math-related subjects…

I would suggest going for a mac: it has all the advantage of a unix-based system, but it gives you a great interface to use the system for everyday tasks. Also, if you would need Windows, you could always run it within a Vmware Virtual Machine…

If I were you, i would consider a Macbook air (customized with 8 gb RAM and the I7 processor, which are must-have IMHO) or maybe a Macbook pro (even the base configuration should be fine, but if budget is not a problem switch to an I7 customized version). These are really great machines: I chose for the Macbook air because it’s more lightweight and battery lasts significantly longer.

HTH.

Vincenzo.