[nfbcs] Android-based braille notetakers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Apr 7 11:58:47 UTC 2016

Thanks guys.
I've been considering the Braille2Go, mainly because it's the lightest of
the new Android notetakers.  Should I be concerned that it has the oldest
OS, Jellybean?
I read a review of the Orbit machine, where the reviewer said the braille
refresh rate was quite slow, around 1 second.  This is a concern for me.
Otherwise, a simple notetaker with 20 cells would be just the ticket.

At present, I'm debating between the Perkins Braille Mini, which is very
simple, with only notetaking and a book reader, 16 cells, and a reasonable
price tag, or the Braille2Go, with 20 cells, more weight, more apps, and a
reasonable price tag.
I really only use my notetaker for notes and reading most of the time, and,
if I can pair the Perkins with my iPhone, I would have access to other apps
that way.
I know there's an idea that one should get the fastest with the mostest one
can afford, but, on the other hand, sometimes simple is a fine thing.
Tracy