[nfbcs] Vinux question:

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 00:51:03 UTC 2016

Vinux does have wireless support built into it. I've installed it on
several machines with only a wireless connection. In fact, that's true
of the system I'm using to send this message, and I never had to go out
of my way to get wireless working. Remember that Vinux is based on
Ubuntu, a major Linux distribution, so supporting wireless out of the
box would be a pretty high priority.

If you're running Vinux in a virtual machine then you won't be using a
wireless network in Vinux. The virtual device driver in Vinux will
appear as a physical and not a wireless network. Of course your host
operating system will be using a wireless network but the client
operating system won't.

On 29/04/16 14:26, charleseblack via nfbcs wrote:
> Greetings:
>

> I have recently installed Vinux, visually impaired Linux. I have installed
> it on vmbox on a system that has only a wireless connection to the Internet.
> The vinux program doesn't appear to have a wireless component as part of the
> distribution. Does anyone know where I might obtain this? Thanks for any
> assistance.
>

> Charles E. Black
>
> charleseblack at att.net

Christopher (CJ)