[nfbcs] Help fixing some very difficult errors for "Trivia game"

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-nfbcs at pcdesk.net
Sun Dec 18 20:15:30 UTC 2016

Jessica,
Hmmm, I'm not a C# expert, but right off the bat I see a few problems.
first, this isn't a complete piece of code. You are, for instance,
refering to a variable called counter which you never declared. You are
also not setting or updating that variable. It looks like maybe you're
trying to count the number of lines you read, no?

Just in the segment of code you sent, I see what looks like some syntax
errors. Does your program even compile? I'm going to guess it doesn't.

                     static void Main(string[] args);

This line is a method definition, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't end
with a ';'. Compound statements (a function definition being considered
a statement here) do not end with ';'. You've got a few other instances
like that here. Places where you have a ';' where you shouldn't, or
where you don't have one where you should.
--

Joe