[nfbcs] trying to figure out how to embed text-to-speach into a web site

Ryan Mann rmann0581 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:54:00 UTC 2016

Hello.  I'm trying to embed text-to-speech into a web site.  Right now, I'm
trying to use the Responsive Voice library, but I'm open to other
suggestions.  To make sure I know how it works, I started out with the below
sample code.  Unfortunately, I don't hear any speech. The code is below.

<head>

<title>test of text to speach</title>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://code.responsivevoice.org/responsivevoice.js">

</script>

</head>

<script type="text/javascript">

responsiveVoice.setDefaultVoice("US English Female")

responsiveVoice.speak("I had a cat named Blanca.")

</script>