[nfbcs] Computer Science Career Questions

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Tue Jan 5 02:36:39 UTC 2016

I  graduated with a BS in Computer Science just two weeks ago. It really
depends what area you want to be in whether you should go BS with all the
calculus, linear algebra etc If you want to do reseach or develop in a
science area you will meed the math and courses like Theory of Computation.

I think internships are critical. If you fo them you will probably have a
job waiting for you.

I interned at USAA during the summer and was offered a fulltime job before
the fall semester started and I start there Jan 25th. For my position, it
is almost all Java.

Some people who want to be programmers also do IT degree in business dept
then they also get business classes and avoid the higher math.