[nfbcs] Is there any accessible editor for programming like EdSharp?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Jan 13 22:42:19 UTC 2016

I have used UltraEdit for a long time although it is not free.  There were
some versions that were a little flaky with screen readers but version
22.20, the latest version seems pretty good again.  There is both a 64-bit
and a 32-bit version, but I have found the 32-bit version to work best on a
64-bit machine.

You will probably never find an editor with all of the shortcuts that
EdSharp has.  For me, there were too many as I just could not remember them
all, and I found cursor movement to be a bit more sluggish.  However, it is
a good program.

If you move to another editor such as UltraEdit, you can write macros and
attach them to keys to do specialized actions.  It does take time, though,
to understand the language.

My understanding that some people use Eclipse for development as well.
Others here may have more specifics there.

A number of the editors mentioned allow you to configure them to run a
compiler, for example, and trap the output and such which is useful for
programmers.

Good luck, and if we are missing the mark, tell us more about what you need
to do with an editor.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson