[nfbcs] The Mac Beckens

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 18 03:34:21 UTC 2016

Microsoft is probably responding to the requirements of the 21VACC.
Mobile devices have to have a screen reader. They probably figure it's
too riskiy to count on either nvda or one of the 3rd party screen
readers for that. After all, there was a 3rd party screen reader for Mac
OS. But it went out of business. At that point, schools and colleges had
to stop bying Macs. Apple couldn't let that continue so they developed
Voiceover.