[nfbcs] How many of you got CS jobs through cold interviews?

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:07:43 UTC 2016

				The only jobs I've ever gotten were from
people I knew.
This being said, your friend says you should "be doing more". What exactly
does he or she mean? I liken it to digging for water in the desert. If you
haven't found water by digging with a shovel, getting two shovels won't get
you water. You'd need to do something different, not something more.
I'd ask your friend what steps he or she thinks you should be taking. There
may be a pearl of wisdom there. There also may be nothing there, in which
case you'll have to decide how to handle it... you can either politely say
"thank you" or you can go into a discussion about negative bias with regard
to blindness and maybe your friend will "get" it.