[nfbcs] What am I doing wrong regarding computers and Bluetooth settings?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 03:53:41 UTC 2016

Sorry if you already tried this. I'm also not sure it'll work since I'm
not on a Windows 10 machine at the moment.

What happens if you bring up the context menu when you're on the device
you want to disconnect? I usually just tap the applications key, but
alt+f10 should also bring up the context menu.

On 14/09/16 22:48, Jim Portillo via nfbcs wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> Hi there,
>

> I'm hoping someone can help direct me with something I might be doing wrong
> regarding computers and Bluetooth devices.
>
> I'm trying to remove two Bluetooth devices from my computer.  I can pair
> them with no problem, but for some reason, removing them is a different
> story. I'll tell you what I'm doing.
>
> I am using Windows 10 and JAWS.
>
> From the start menu, I find and go to Bluetooth settings.
>
> Bluetooth is turned on, so there's no problem there.
>
> I tab to where I find a list of the Bluetooth devices associated with my
> computer, arrow down to what I want, and select it by hitting enter.
>
> It lets me know it's been selected, and I tab once to find the Remove device
> button.  I hit enter on it, and immediately, I get something that says
> Flyout Window, and I read nothing else on the screen.
>
> I alt-tab back to the Bluetooth settings, look at my list again, and find
> that the item I tried removing is still there.
>
> I did try rebooting my computer, and everything is the same.
>

> What is a Flyout window?  And, why won't the Enter or spacebar work when I
> use them on the Remove device button?  It's frustrating.
>

> If anyone has any good tips, please let me know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail