[nfbcs] Preparing for coding interviews

Andy B. sonfire11 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 20:20:51 UTC 2016

I have never been asked questions about coding during an interview. Instead,
the questions ranged from situational to problem solving in the social
context to personality questions. The interviewer would usually ask
questions about future goals, leadership skills, successful and unsuccessful
projects, and how you perceive yourself in conflict. Some sample questions:

1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
2. When you failed to meet a deadline, how did you handle the problem with
group members?
3. Tell me about a conflict between you and a supervisor. How did you
resolve the problem?
4. Tell me about a time when you used [insert technology]. What kind of
problems did you solve?
5. What attracted you to [insert company name].
6. What are the pros and cons of [insert programming language].

Try telling a short story to answer the questions.