[nfbcs] FW: [program-l] Re: Visual studio with windows 10

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Tue Aug 15 19:28:48 UTC 2017

From: program-l-bounce at freelists.org [mailto:program-l-bounce at freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dante Gagne
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:53 PM
To: program-l at freelists.org
Subject: [program-l] Re: Visual studio with windows 10

I would highly suggest that if you want to work with VS, to try the newest version. It just released yesterday and we spent about 8 months searching for and fixing a wide range of issues including keyboard navigation and automation peers. That SHOULD make it much more compatible with screen readers.

You can get the community version from this link:
https://www.visualstudio.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio/?sku=Community&rel=15

And if you or ANYONE else on this list has issues with it, please let me know directly. My goal is to be your advocate and make sure that issues in Visual Studio are addressed, but I can only do that if I know about it.

--Dante