[nfbcs] PayPal Buttons

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Wed Jan 25 20:52:47 UTC 2017

	hello Louis.  I'm not sure you need the button formatters to do what
you want.  Instead, I suggest using a straight HTML form where you use
fields to fil in the product, description and transaction ID fields
for Paypal to process.  Then you can code the buttons any way you want and
tag the payments that come in with  any nomenclature you need to keep track
of how the monies were generated.  In this way, you can either set the
fields as text fiels for the users to fill in, if you want to give them the
option of filling in the data themselves, or use hidden fields to transmit
the data to Paypal, depending on which button  the user clicks on on your
page.
	I wrote a sample page that does just this for the NFB of California
some years ago.  I don't think they use it, but I use it when ever I need
to pay someone with Paypal.  I find it much easier than navigating the
Paypal site.
When the payment notification comes in from Paypal, you get the Transaction
ID, dollar value and product name in the notification.  So, you get a lot
of flexibility in terms of how you  code the donations/transactions.

Here's one that will pay Jim Barbour if you actually use it.  You can
download the HTML and see how I did it.

http://www.nfbcal.org/~buhrow/ccjbar.html

Hope that helps.
-Brian