[nfbcs] OCR on Linux

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Mon Mar 13 19:46:33 UTC 2017

I used sane and tesseract to scann in the entire Dungeons & Dragons
fifth edition players guide. It was a huge job and it is probably some
of the toughest OCR there is.  It worked really well though. It took so
long that by the time I was done I had worked out the best sane and
tesseract settings. But I was getting really great accuracy toward the
end. If I was scanning in a novel it probably would have been a breeze.