[nfbcs] remote desktop for NVDA and orca

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Mon Nov 6 04:53:15 UTC 2017

Hi Nicole,
Yes, Cygwin is a viable option and is part of my solution. However I need to
run eclipse on the remote machine and possibly a web browser to examine XML.

1. eclipse is a great tool and makes developing java applications a little
easier.
2. The rest of my team is using eclipse and I am not sure I can build the
java application outside of eclipse right now.
3Ideally I am looking for a solution that will allow a screen reader remote
desktop from a windows 7 to a Linux CentOS 6 machine.
4. for security purposes test data is only allowed on the remote Linux VM
and I am looking to see if I can get a windows VM to have access to the same
test data.
5. I do not have system admin to my local windows machine, so I need a
machine that I do have admin on so I can install developer software.

--
Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President
LCB graduate, 2016