[nfbcs] Some thoughtful writing on how to get accessibility and how to avoid not having it stop you from doing what you want to do

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
Mon Sep 11 19:24:26 UTC 2017

For what it's worth:

As a phenomenological sociologist, a braille transcriber and a faculty
member in a College of Engineering, I would be very happy to collaborate
with individuals who have first hand experiences with respect to
accessibility/inaccessibility, to produce articles for Braille Monitor, and
perhaps even for submission to the Journal of Blindness Innovation and
Research, or other journals.

To clarify elements of my opening sentences, being a phenomenological
sociologist means that I pay attention to *the individual's experience as
an essential component of practice* in social settings, including learning
and working environments.

As a faculty member, I teach courses related to needs assessment, and
professional ethics and morality. Needs Assessments are systematic
processes undertaken in order to determine what has to be done to fix a
certain problem, or improve things to some degree. The idea of professional
ethics is probably pretty well understood in general.  I think they
dovetail nicely on the issues under discussion in this thread.

If you're interested in collaboration to this end, please don't hesitate to
contact me here or off-list at <dwiniecki at boisestate.edu>.  The range of
things that count for `collaboration` is huge, and includes reading and
writing with me, and even just telling me stories that describe your
experiences in minute, click-by-click detail with others or independently.

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D.
*Professor of Ethics & Morality in Professional Practice*
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Dept of Organizational Performance & Workplace Learning (OPWL)
1910 University Drive, Mail Stop 2070
Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
WWW: http://opwl.boisestate.edu