[nfbcs] Brailling computer code for embossing and display on a refreshable braille display

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Mon Sep 18 13:53:33 UTC 2017

It depends on how the user adjusts the settings of the notetaker or screen reader on which the braille is being read. I don't think there is much you can do.
Make sure that the proper computer braille line continuation indicators are being used for lines longer than 40 characters. This indicator is 4-5-6 1-2-3-4-6 in EBAE computer braille code (CBC) or dot 5 in UEB. The dot 5 is also used as a line continuation indicator in braille music.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20542   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.