[nfbcs] Screen Reader & Coding

Ryan Stevens rysteve at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 00:19:56 UTC 2018

Hi, listers,

While using a Braille display can be a good tool for coding, we don't actually know whether Ida knows Braille. One of NFB's biggest criticisms of the state agencies is that they discourage learning Braille if you have even the slightest level of usable vision, even when they know that vision will disappear. Obviously, only Ida can tel us if she knows Braille, and I certainly hope she does, but if not, we are asking her to significantly steepen her learning curve to use a Braille display. Let's see what she says.

Take care,
Ryan Stevens