[nfbcs] JAWS does not read the Windows 10 CMD prompt automatically

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:44:30 UTC 2018

Tyler,

With all my respect, I don't think I'm starting a war. User had a
problem and I suggested two ways to work around it.

I have Jaws 18 installed on my computer and Windows 10 and I just
confirmed that it deosn't work with command line. Same is true for my
wife. Same as true for a few blind friends who are using Jaws. I don't
think I have a problem on my end. If it works for you, I suspect you are
using legacy console. I need to use some applications that are
incompatible with legacy console, so that's not an option for me. That's
why I suggested NVDA. If that person needs to use such applications, I'm
afraid NVDA might be the only option for them.

Tony