[nfbcs] Complaint against Epic

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 26 20:18:03 UTC 2018

Hello, Nancy. I do not know the answer to your question. I speculate that
you cannot bring an action on behalf of someone else. My rudimentary
understanding is this: you watch as someone shoves me to the ground and
takes my wallet. You are offended, but I do not want to press charges. If
you try to bring them, you are considered by the court as having no dog in
the fight. One of the obstacles we have to overcome in entering any court
case is to show that we do have skin in the game. So I don't think you can
hear about problems that I once had with the University of Missouri and
decide to be my advocate to keep the heat off me. Likewise, I do not believe
that I can be an advocate for Tracy unless she decides to call me as a
witness.

I think the legal term for all of this dog in the fight or skin in the game
is called standing. I hope I'm wrong, but this is my understanding of the
law.