[nfbcs] FW: [program-l] survey on programming tool preferences for developers with visual impairments

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Thu Jun 7 13:35:56 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: program-l-bounce at freelists.org [mailto:program-l-bounce at freelists.org] On Behalf Of Venkatesh Potluri
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2018 2:03 AM
To: program-l at freelists.org
Subject: [program-l] survey on programming tool preferences for developers with visual impairments

Hello List members,

A few of us at Microsoft Research have been working to improve the
productivity of programmers with visual impairments. Our recent
effort, CodeTalk, a Visual Studio plugin that is open sourced and
available on github (https://aka.ms/codetalk) is an early outcome of
this effort. In our continued efforts in this direction, we are trying
to understand some of the programming tool preferences of programmers
with vision impairments. We are conducting online user studies in this
regard. If you are a programmer, and if you have a visual impairment,
we would like to hear from you. if you are interested to participate
in our user study, please convey your interest by filling an online
form at https://aka.ms/videvsparticipate

Please do note that filling this form does not ensure that we will
contact you, or your participation in the study. However, if you are
shortlisted, and if you participate, you may be compensated.

Your participation in this study will be of great value to us, and we
look forward to hear from you.

Thank you and best regards,
Venkatesh Potluri
https://venkateshpotluri.me