[nfbcs] How Do You Print Envelopes with a Printer that Does Not Have an Envelope Slot

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun May 6 19:40:39 UTC 2018

Nicole,

Are you saying your printer only supports one size of paper?  The place to
start would be to find out in the specifications for your printer what the
smallest sheet supported is.  I suppose it is possible that your printer
won't handle envelopes and another approach may need to be taken.  If it
does support paper sizes that could include envelopes, I would think there
would be some kind of instructions as to how your printer manufacturer
suggests it be done.  If your paper tray is not adjustable, though, just
piling envelopes in it probably would cause inconsistent alignment.  Even
one envelope may not feed consistently.

One thing I have done on occasion is to simply format addresses for printing
on an envelope but print it on a sheet of paper and then fold the sheet of
paper.  You also might be stuck with printing labels.  I believe Microsoft
Word now has a parameter that lets you specify which label on a sheet of
labels is to be used.  This would let you do one label without the need to
print an entire sheet.

Good luck, but let me know if something here is not clear.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson