[nfbcs] introduction for programming question

Petras Vasiliauskas icdxpetras at gmail.com
Sun May 6 22:43:26 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
My name is Petras and I just joined the list. I'm a sophomore in high school. I am good with both mac and windows. I have a braille display.
I'm taking a computer principles class.  We finished the principles part and are about to start coding. The class is using BlueJ. Has anyone had success or problems with this IDE?
I am the first totally blind student taking this class in our high school. The computer science teacher and my VI teacher seem quite unsure on how this is going to work.
I really want to learn how to code.
I would appreciate any suggestions that any of you can offer to help get me started with coding.
Thanks in advance.
Petras