[nfbcs] Questions regarding JAWS and NVDA

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Fri May 11 02:54:45 UTC 2018

IMHO, the key deciding factor on whether you can use NVDA in the work
place or not is how it works with the desktop applications you need to
use on your job. I prefer JAWS since I spend so much time in Outlook and
Office. NVDA seems to have pretty good support for these applications,
but some of the customizations I've come to rely on, such as setting up
the automatic announcements of cells, is there in JAWS for sure.

On 05/10/2018 10:05 AM, Jim Portillo via nfbcs wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding both the differences and uses of JAWS
> and NVDA.
>

> First of all, does anyone know if NVDA is used much in a work place or even
> school (such as college) environment?  Is JAWS still considered to be the
> leading screen reader for blind PC users?
>
> Finally, in training environments, such as training centers or personal
> computer training, which screen reader seems to be preferred these days?
>

> I'm working with someone right now who has NVDA on his computer but who
> would like to learn JAWS because of its wider use in school and work
> environments. This is why I thought it would be good to ask.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Jim

Christopher (CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail