[nfbcs] Seeking Information on Screen Readers

williamsturgell at gmail.com williamsturgell at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:20:37 UTC 2018

     Recently I posted here asking about tools that would be necessary for a
blind data scientist. Following up on this question, I was wondering which
screen readers you all recommend that will work well with IDEs? I'm already
aware of JAWS, NVDA, and Narrator, and was wondering if there were any
specific modifications for them that will make running the IDE more user
friendly as well. I have installed Eclipse, and have ben working on learning
the basics, but I'm also doing a research project on other IDes, and
subsequent screen readers that make them accessible. Any and all information
on these topics would be greatly appreciated.