[nfbcs] JAWS Hanging and Crashing

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue May 15 14:25:43 UTC 2018

There were some known issues between JAWS and Excel, but my understanding is that they have been addressed, some by JAWS and some by Microsoft.  It is hard to always know which version of Excel that is being used, though.  Even if you have Office 365, there is a schedule of updates, and I have one computer that for some reason is not tgetting update even though it is supposed to be on the monthly update schedule.  It is worth checking the version of Excel even if one is running Office 365, and sometimes forcing the office updates to run.

Another thing to note is that there was a time when JAWS often restarted itself while using Excel, and this happened without notice.  Sometimes when I thought everything had crashed, JAWS had restarted.  If I just waited, it would eventually come back.  This is still annoying, but better than a total crash.  I do not use FireFox, though, so I don't know how that might affect things, and perhaps that mix makes matters worse.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson