[nfbcs] Visual Studio

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Apr 24 02:16:41 UTC 2019

Leslie,

Visual Studio is software with multiple functions that is usually used to
write, compile, and test program code.  While it supports C++ as mentioned
in another note, it is much more than a C++ compiler.  It supports a number
of different languages and has some support for positioning elements within
a Window as well.  There may be uses beyond computer code, but it might help
us to more accurately describe it to know in which context you have seen it
mentioned, especially if you are seeing it referenced in a non-programming
job.

Like any software of its type, it is complicated to learn how to use all of
its functions, but if one is using it for a particular purpose it is easier
to learn.

I do not have much experience with it, but I know Microsoft has worked
pretty hard to make it more accessible.  There are visual aspects that can
perhaps be challenging, but I have read that there are accessible options to
most processes.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson