[nfbcs] GuitarPro Scripts or IOS Accessibility

Andy Borka sonfire11 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 14:50:26 UTC 2019

JAWS can use scripts made for the web or desktop environments. However,
the script has to access the dom/accessibility tree in the case of web
content, and the UIA/MSAA information for desktop apps. The main type of
information you are looking for is accessible description, object name,
object type (window, multiline edit, checkbox... etc...), window class,
parent/child, and so on. Some desktop software is better than others,
and sometimes the person scripting the software must make reasonable
decisions on how to proceed with a control type or class type after he
or she has figured out what the control or window does. In other cases,
such as the old Microsoft Accounting 2007/2008 package, control names
were a 16 digit number instead of a name. To add to the problem,
Microsoft never put accessible descriptions in their controls. Thus, it
was nearly impossible to tell what a control named 32-86-BAFCD-512CF
did. In these cases, it might not be worth the trouble of fixing or
scripting.