[nfbcs] Developers creating cross platform cloud apps and providing accessibility feedback

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Thu Feb 21 05:32:00 UTC 2019

Hello,

Yes, it is frustrating when companies or websites just say to click on an icon or graphic of some sort in this and that way to accomplish tasks. To a screen reader user, it is a 50-50, since first we need to find a textual equivalent to be able to click the same icon, let alone finding out if it is accessible. this in practice takes many trials and time.

If this is a Web application, I would suggest sharing this link with them and friendly explaining what it is and how it should be used:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/

These are the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines from the World Wide Web Consortium on their Accessibility Initiatives. They ensure all websites can be universal in design and used by everyone, not just sighted folks.

Hope this helps a bit.

Humberto

[JAWS Certified, 2019]<http://www.freedomscientific.com/certification>