[NFBCS] Orbit Readers To Be Sold By Our Independence Market At The 2019 Convention

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 18:57:48 UTC 2019

Greetings and felicitations:

For anyone who did not receive the email with the subject line, "Get ready
for NFB19--Plan your trip to Las Vegas," one item of interest which captured
my attention was the announcement that during the convention, our
Independence Market will be selling the Orbit Reader 20 for $549. This is a
one-time deal, only available for the 2019 convention. The announcement
reads as follows:

Convention Special: Orbit Reader 20

This simple and affordable refreshable Braille display serves as a
standalone text reader and basic notetaker. When paired with a smart phone
or computer, it gives Braille access to the text on these devices. Purchase
it at convention for $549.00, which is $50.00 off the retail price. Please
note that the Orbit is only available from the Independence Market at
convention, not thereafter.

I myself have been using an Orbit Reader 20 since I purchased one at our
2017 convention in Orlando. Yes, I did have to send my Orbit Reader in twice
for repairs, but that is usually the way of it with refreshable braille
technology. I must say that I am quite pleased with my Orbit Reader. It
serves me well as a book reader and a simple note-taker. And you can see
from the aforementioned announcement that the Orbit Reader can also be
paired with a computer or smart phone.

$549 is a pretty good price. If you purchase an Orbit Reader directly from
Orbit Research, you will pay $599, and if you buy from the American Printing
House for the Blind, that price is $699. No matter where you purchase your
Orbit Reader, all support calls and repairs are handled directly by the
manufacturer, Orbit Research.

Happy shopping at the convention.

Yours sincerely,

Curtis Chong