[NFBCS] Jaws 2019 problem

Anita Ogletree Ms.Ogletree at outlook.com
Fri Jun 28 20:10:36 UTC 2019

I've just gotten a new computer running Jaws Professional, 2019 running Windows 10 yesterday. The problem I ran into is that Jaws doesn't read the text in my email when I open the messages nor does it read what is on the pages of websites I visit using Chrome.

I was able to navigate webpages with Microsoft Edge but I was not able to find the ribbons for the menus. My question is does this have to do with a setting or settings in Jaws or Windows.

I had to press the enter key several times in Outlook to read an email but I couldn't use the arrow keys to go line by line. Anything I typed as a reply was not visible to me when I tried to change something I wrote.

Sorry if all of this sounds a bit much but I need some help fast!

Thank you.