[nfbcs] Questions about the accessibility of Kronos

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Mon Mar 11 14:30:58 UTC 2019

At the Library of Congress we use Chronos Web TA version 4.2 to request leave, report hours worked and other functions. We don't use it to sign in and out each day; just report number of hours.
I used to use it with Window-Eyes and IE 11, but now use it with JAWS 2018 and Chrome.
Most of the blind employees here at NLS are not entering their own data into this system, because we still also use paper sign-in sheets.
I might be able to talk someone through use of what we have, but I'm not even sure whether we are talking about the same system. It requires facility with the use of HTML tables, creation of new rows into these tables at each pay period where they will be used, and sometimes clicking on the correct link to change one type of leave or work time to another. I haven't found anything in the parts of the system that I have used to be inaccessible, but it can be complicated.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20542   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.